Updated with 2022-23 charges
- If you are thinking about switching to a water meter, please use our calculator to see if you might be able to save money. If you do decide to switch, please contact your water company.
- If you choose to switch to a water meter you will usually have a trial period of 24 months during which time you can switch back to your old fixed charges. This option is not available in areas of England where compulsory metering is being introduced.
- If your water company cannot fit a meter, you may benefit from an assessed charge.
- If you already have a meter, use the calculator to see how different elements of your daily water use can be reduced to potentially make further savings.
- If you rent your home you are still entitled to have a meter fitted providing your tenancy agreement is for six months or longer.