We have published our 2018-19 Water Matters research, which tracks household customers’ views on their water and sewerage services and how these have changed over time.
The Water Matters survey shows that water companies are failing to address household concerns over fair bills and that they provide value for money.
- Consumer satisfaction with water/sewerage services falls but remains high.
- Only 6 out of 10 households agree their water bills are fair.
- Customers in Wales more satisfied with their water company than those in England.
- 1 in 8 households worry about being able to afford their water bill.
- Consumer trust in water companies has increased since 2011.
- Fewer households confident they will not face water restrictions in the future.
Dr Mike Keil, Head of Policy and Research said:
“Customers’ perceptions over the fairness of their bills have languished behind satisfaction with service for almost a decade and companies cannot afford to ignore people’s concerns any longer.”
“Fairness reflects people’s wider views and confidence in the industry and companies that are complacent run the risk of increasing discontent among their customers.”
Read the full report:
- size: 0.47MB
- size: 4.43MB
Company performance reports:
If you want to see the full Water Matters data table, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.