Water Matters: Household customers’ views on their water and sewerage services 2016
The main aim of this research was to identify household customers’ views on their water and sewerage services and track how these change over time. This involved 5,420 telephone interviews with household water and sewerage bill payers across England and Wales
Key findings include:
Care and Trust
- Customer perception that companies care about the services they provide, and customer trust in water companies both remain high.
Value for money
- 73% of customers are satisfied with the value for money of their water supply.
- 76% are satisfied with the value for money of their sewerage service.
The overall 5 year trend is stable in 2016.
Fairness and affordability of charges
- 63% of customers agree that the charges they pay are fair.
- 74% agree that the water/sewerage charges they pay are affordable.
Perceptions of affordability have improved significantly across England and Wales over the past 5 years.
Satisfaction with services
- 93% of customers are satisfied with their water supply services.
- 88% of customers are satisfied with their sewerage service.
Water meter fitting and trialling
Awareness that water meters can be trialled for up to 2 years has fallen significantly in the past 5 years.
You can also see how water companies are performing.