Our Water Matters research asks household customers’ for their views on their water and sewerage services and tracks how these opinions change over time. The latest study involved 5,964 telephone interviews with household water and sewerage bill payers across England and Wales.
The key findings include:
- Overall satisfaction with water and sewerage services remains very high (90% plus).
- Satisfaction with value for money is at its highest level for 5 years (76 per cent water, 78 per cent sewerage); but
- Fewer customers believe their charges are fair (62 per cent) compared to 12 months ago (68 per cent).
- There has been little change in the number of people who think their charges are affordable – 74 per cent, compared to 76 per cent in 2014.
- Only a third of homeowners (33 per cent) know that their sewerage company is responsible for maintaining shared sewerage pipes. Awareness has remained at this level since 2011.
Download the research findings below: