Complaints about water retailers fall but CCW keeps pressure on poor performers
Our non-household complaint report reveals that complaints made to water retailers by their customers and those received by CCW fell for the first time since the majority of non-household customers in England were given the freedom to switch supplier three years ago. However there is much more work to be done, particularly among a small group of poor performing retailers.
The report shows:
- The majority of water retailers improved their performance with non-household complaints falling by almost a fifth.
- BUT consumer group CCW still handled four times more complaints than before market opened up.
- Billing complaints accounted for bulk of disputes – leaving some customers feeling “trapped”.
- Water Plus, Clear Business Water, Castle Water and SES Business Water were poorest performers.
- Water2Business, Business Stream, Pennon among best for complaints in England with Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water in Wales also performing strongly.
Rob Light, Chair of CCW, said:
“Many of the complaints and problems again boil down to a small number of the same poor performers who are falling well short of the standards that customers have a right to expect.”
“We now want to see a sustained fall in complaints with retailers quick to resolve disputes and slow to make excuses. Many business customers have had a tough time during coronavirus and the last thing they need is the stress of having to dispute bills or poor service.”
- size: 1.53MB
If you have any questions about this report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org