Who can get help?
- Customers who receive Pension Credit guarantee element
- Those with total annual household income of less than £16,380 may qualify.
Families with children have an additional allowance of £1,500 per child added to the household income threshold.
The following benefits do not count towards income:
- Attendance Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Carer’s Allowance
- The disabled child or severely disabled child element of Child Tax Credit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Housing Benefit or Housing Element of Universal Credit
- Council Tax Benefit
This does not include the £350 government payment to those households who will be housing Ukrainian citizens, within their income threshold calculation.
What help is provided?
60% bill reduction in Year 1.
40% reduction in subsequent years.
If claimants have no income (whilst waiting for a Universal Credit Application to be processed) then charges will be fully waived for an 8 week period. The 60% bill reduction will then apply for the remainder of the first year.
How can I apply?
Apply direct to company at