Who can get help?
- Be on a meter or on assessed charges
- You or someone in your house receives one of the following means tested benefits:
- Housing benefit
- Income support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income based Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit (guaranteed element)
- Universal Credit (housing element or standard allowance element)
In addition to the above, your ‘equivalised’ weekly income, after housing costs, must be less than £295. Equivalised income is actual money income which is adjusted to reflect the size of a household.
To qualify for the WaterCare Tariff, your household bill should represent more than 5% of your equivalised income after housing costs.
What help is provided?
A discount between 15% and 85% discount depending on household income.
How can I apply?
Apply direct to the company https://www.bournemouthwater.co.uk/bills/need-help-paying-your-bill/