Coronavirus advice

Find out what support you can get if you’re affected by coronavirus

If you are a household customer

COVID-19: What financial support is available?

Lots of people are experiencing unexpected changes in their circumstances due to the coronavirus pandemic. That includes changes in their financial circumstances and their ability to keep up with household bills. Find out what financial support is available for you.

Help from your water company

If your household finances are being impacted by the coronavirus outbreak, you can seek help from your water company. It’s also worth asking your company about its free priority services if you think your circumstances now or in the future mean you might require additional help accessing any aspect of your water and sewerage services, particularly if there is disruption to your water supply.

Help from the Government

The Government’s coronavirus website provides further advice on a wide range of issues, including a guide to staying safe and details of the measures it has put in place to help support businesses.

Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service also has a wealth of free resources to help you manage your finances through these difficult and uncertain times.

Educational resources

Most water companies are offering free educational materials for children who are being taught at home due to COVID-19. Take a look at your water company’s website to learn about the importance of valuing water, where it comes from, as well as lots of fun activities to do as a family:

If you are a business customer in England

If your company has been disrupted or hit financially due to COVID-19, we want to ensure that you know what support is on offer, and what you can do to manage your water bills.

Help for business customers

We have written a blog to help support businesses who have been impacted by the COVID-19 lockdown.

Are you self-employed?

If you’re self-employed with no business premises, you can find out what financial support is available for you if your financial circumstances change due to COVID-19. You can also check the Government’s advice on what to do if you’re self-employed and getting less work or no work.

COVID-19 Repayment Scheme

COVID-19 repayment schemes are available to support businesses who are struggling to pay their bills due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Temporary Vacant Properties

We’ve published some advice for business customers who have had to temporarily close during COVID-19 to make sure they are now receiving accurate water bills that reflect their use. Read our Temporary Vacant Properties FAQs

Businesses should be treated fairly

With the industry regulator, Ofwat, we have written to all retailers, setting out our expectations of them during this difficult period for business customers who are struggling.

If you are a business customer in Wales

As a business customer in Wales, we can help you understand what help is available for you and what you can do to manage your water bills during the pandemic.

How can I get help?

Have a look at our blog to help support businesses in England and Wales who have been impacted by the COVID-19 lockdown.

What COVID-19 support is there?

There is support available if you’re struggling to make payments due to the pandemic;

What happens if you are self-employed?

There is also assistance if you have no business premises, are self-employed, and your financial status has changed as a result of COVID-19. Find out what financial support is available to you here.

Advice from the Welsh Government on what to do if you’re self-employed may also be helpful.

How we will help your business

We’ll keep doing everything we can to help business customers get through these difficult times, especially those worried about not being able to pay their bills. That’s why we’re working closely with companies to ensure that they treat their customers fairly, and we won’t hesitate to challenge them if they fail to do so.

If you think that you are being denied support by your company, or you are not being treated fairly, we would advise you to follow your company’s complaints procedure. If the issue is not resolved through this, please contact us for assistance. We will review your complaint, and offer further advice and support.