Water usage will depend on the nature and size of your business, but here are some universal checks and changes you can make to lower your consumption (and your water charges):
Tips to save water
- Most water use by micro, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) will be similar for domestic purposes, for example for toilet flushing, hand washing and cleaning.
- Turn the tap off when washing your hands and doing the washing up. Think about using motion sensors on sink taps.
- Use a bucket for cleaning, instead of a hose or running tap.
- Only fill the kettle with as much water needed to boil.
- Make sure dishwashers are full before starting a wash cycle.
- Fix leaks by replacing worn washers on leaky taps and checking toilets and urinals for any leaks.
- Ask your water company or retailer for advice on how you can use water more wisely.
Take a look at our tips for household customers to see if these can be used for your business.