Ending water poverty and the misery caused by sewer flooding will be among the key issues that will dominate CCW’s campaigning over the next three years.
They both feature in our our Strategy for 2021-24 which sets out CCW’s mission, strategic objectives and campaigns up until 2024. The strategy will be instrumental to our efforts to improve and strengthen our organisation so that we’re best placed to secure a fair deal for water consumers, now and in the future.
It is built around five key objectives:
- Affordable water for everyone
- Climate-resilient water and sewerage services for present and future consumers
- Services shaped by the views of consumers
- Services that meet everyone’s needs
- Effective and easy-to-follow complaint processes
We will prioritise four key strategic campaigns to help us achieve our mission:
- End water poverty
- CCW: a voice for your complaint
- End sewer flooding misery
- “Be in the know” about available help
Our campaigns have emerged from a review of our policy priorities and reflect the changing needs of both household and business consumers. We also invited stakeholders to a series of virtual strategy sessions – hosted by our CEO Emma Clancy – to have their say on our plans.
We’ve worked hard to ensure our campaigns bring to life the issues that resonated most with consumers.