We’re delighted to announce the publication of our Annual Review for England and Wales 2017/18.
It sets out what we delivered for consumers during a year when water companies – and the essential services they provide – faced intense public and political scrutiny.
Our successes for consumers during 2017/18 included:
- Securing nearly £1.4 million in financial redress for aggrieved customers after handling almost 19,000 complaints and enquiries about water companies.
- Identifying around £14.5 million in potential annual bill savings for customers through our water meter calculator.
- Helping about 3,400 low-income consumers identify potential welfare payments totalling more than £9.3 million through our Benefits Calculator.
- Making sure almost 400,000 low-income households are now receiving lower bills through working with water companies to boost take-up of social tariffs by more than 50 per cent.
- Helping to secure up to £150 in compensation for customers affected by the disruption to water supplies following the Beast from the East freezing weather.
- Successfully challenging poor performing water companies and retailers to improve their service and reduce complaints.
- Championing the interests of small and medium-sized businesses to make sure they do not miss out on the benefits of the retail water market in England.
- We hope that you enjoy reading about these successes and the many other things we achieved for consumers during 2017/18.
You can read the full report here