Today we are delighted to publish our Annual Review for England and Wales 2015/16
Over the past year CCWater has again demonstrated the importance of having a consumer body that is entirely focused on protecting and speaking up for the interests of water consumers.
Having helped to secure one of the most customer-focused price reviews in 2014, we have worked hard to make sure water companies deliver on their promises.
Our achievements during 2015/16 included:
- Helping more than 18,000 consumers resolve complaints or questions about their water and sewerage services.
- Returning nearly £5 million in compensation and rebates for aggrieved water customers – including negotiating a higher level of compensation for customers affected by a boil water notice in Lancashire during August 2015.
- Clawing back £730,000 for business customers in England and Wales through challenging water companies on issues like backdating of charges and rebates.
- Working with water companies to increase the range of support offered to customers who are struggling to pay their water bills.
- Making sure the concerns and priorities of businesses and their representative bodies influence the rules that will govern the new non-household market in England.
All of these achievements and more have been secured against the backdrop of a major restructure at CCWater which has put us in a stronger position to deal with the new challenges we face.
Alan Lovell, Chair of CCWater, said: “It is a testament to the skill and commitment of my colleagues that we have remained an effective consumer advocate, helping thousands of households and business resolve their complaints and shaping a water industry that is more committed to listening to the needs of consumers.”